Da Zhou Tian: It was taught by the most respectable teacher – Professor Ni, Hai-Sha.
First, kai gong (start) or dao qi to generate qi. Then, tongue tip touches the upper gum, raise anus and hold abdomen inward when exhaling. Kai gong:
- inhaling – raise palms upward slowly and
- exhaling – put palms down slowly. Repeat until feel your qi flows – a warm stream flowing. Or, inhaling-close your palm then slowly horizontally expand your palms until its maximum.
- Then, exhaling- slowly close your palms. Repeat until you can feel heat when you closing your palms.
Then, do above 2~3 more times. You are ready to go:
- Inhale: Ren 1 go upward (Ren 1 -Hui Yin-the midpoint of the two lower orifices) → Du Mai (along the spinal cord) →DU 20 (Bai Hui -crossing point of the two ear apexes upper connection line and the line along nose to top of the head)
Exhale: DU 20 go downward →Ren Mai (center line of the front body) →Ren 1
- Inhale: Ren 1 go outer and upward →Groin Area (the front folding line of the body and upper legs) Upward→ SI 9/10 (the connection line of the upper arm and posterior of the body)
Exhale: SI 9/10 (in the back of the body Below the shoulder joint) → Lateral of the Arm (the yang side i.e. the darker side of the arm)→PC 8 (Lao Gong- the point of the third finger tip touched the palm when count the thumb as the first finger and the pinky as the fifth one )
Inhale: PC 8 (when make a fist, the middle finger touching point in the palm)→Arm Yin Side-the white side of the arm → Ren 17 (Tan Zhong – the midpoint of the two nipples or the midpoint of the space between the fourth and fifth rib for older ladies)
Exhale: Ren 17 (at the level of the 4th intercostal space, at the midpoint between the two nipples) go downward → Ren Mai → Ren 1
- Inhale: Ren 1 go upward→ Ren Mai→ Zhong Ge (yin and yang meeting line is the transverse line of the lowest ribs )
Exhale: Zhong Ge → Lateral Side of Body → Yang Qiao Mai (lateral side of the legs) →KD 1 (Yong Quan Xue – the depression point when the foot is in plantar flexion)
Inhale: KD 1 go upward→ Yin Qiao Mai (Media Side of the legs) →Ren 4 (Guan Yuan Xue – on the Ren Mai, between the umbilicus and the horizontal ramus of the pelvic bone and 3/5 of the distance below the umbilicus )
Exhale: Ren 4 go downward → Ren 1 (This distance is very short. In order to get better function, do it as slow as possible.)
Shou gong (End the practice. It’s the same with kai gong raising and lower hands/arms to do 2-3 times).
I taught da zou tian to one of my friends. He is the only one doing it every day. After one month, I visited him. His face was shining with healthy outlook instead of darkness, his voice was a lot louder than before. In addition, he told me that he was used very tired in the afternoon that bothered his work sometimes; after practicing da zou tian – 5 times for each step and total 5 minutes a day, he was full of energy without other treatments.
Only 5 minutes investment, do you want to improve your energy?
- Do not do DA Zhou Tian, if you are mad, drinking wine or have high blood pressure or blood vessel blockage in your head during the noon time especially in a hot weather to avoid getting a stroke.
- Do not practice DA Zhou Tian before you sleep. Otherwise, you will be full of energy and hard to fall into sleep.
- Practice DA Zhou Tian every day, gradually, you feel your health improved.
© 2012 Frieda Mah, L.Ac.