Welcome to Our Website!
Traditional Chinese Medicine
250-Million Years crystallizing the Wisdom of Humanity!
(If you want a quicker view for disease, treatments and TCM benefits, click on Mobile)
To dive into the beauty of TCM, you can experience and enjoy Self-Healing.
After a couple thousand years of development and input by many famous, high esthetic, kind, and excellent Chinese Medical doctors, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is the most complete and effective medical system in the entire world. It is the most valuable wisdom, in humanity, which uses the natural healing methods to help patient recovery and their own self-healing ability.
TCM has passed the test of time, again and again, proving its ability to advance quality of life. By alleviating the need for invasive and expensive tests, surgeries, and lifelong medications, TCM lightens society’s medical costs as well as becoming a guide for medical researcher.
In order to let the public understand this great medicine I have developed this website for educational purposes. TCM includes anything that can naturally be used for longevity.
- Acupuncture: Using a fine needle inserted under the skin to use the patient’s own natural energy to do self-healing.
- Moxibution: Use Ai Ye herbs (Folium Artemisiae Argi) for strong penetration and heat to treat pain or sicknesses induced by coldness.
- Herbs, Herbal Bath, Herbal Meals/Tea: The herbs used are natural with bigger molecular substances which treat the root problems and symptoms instead of the herbs from the healthy food store that are small moleculars without touching the root problems but help relieve the symptoms only.
- Qi gong (include Tai Chi) and Chinese exercises: for more detailed comparison with the western exercises, you can refer to The Differences Between Chinese Exercises & Western Exercises.
- Diet (organic natural food/not processed): These days foods are full of chemicals like fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, hormones, and food additives that cause accumulated liver toxins and carcinogens. Drinking or eating cold foods can also cause a lot of illness. You can refer to Cold Foods & Drinks Caused Health Problems.
- Tui-na: This is broader than massage as it includes all massage techniques and has more ways to reduce the pain. Tui-na focuses on the acupuncture points, bone adjustments and closed fracture treatments, however; in the United States we are restricted from treating bone adjustments and closed fracture treatments. For these we suggest you see a chiropractor or orthopedic surgeon. In China and Taiwan we are able to use our hands to put the bone in the right position, wrap the bone fracture with herbs to relieve the pain and help healing. This procedure is more rapid than western medicine through surgery. Herbs can aide in connecting broken tissue and bone to help healing faster, and prevent atrophy. In addition, Tui-na’s natural massage treatment alleviates the need for casting the fracture area. Casting can promote muscle atrophy, which prolongs the healing time.
- Gusha (scraping): Gusha aids the circulation of the superficial layers of the muscle and skin. It can also be used as a treatment to avert the flu symptoms in the first stages.
- Cupping: To treat pain and organ problems we use suction cups to draw out coldness and/or bad blood.
- Bleeding: Through a small prick on the area of pain or sickness we remove the stagnated blood. This procedure is not allowed in the state of California.
- Life Style Change: Get to bed before 11:00pm and develop a regular life style which is consistent. Getting to bed before 11:00pm can reduce sickness such as gall bladder and liver problems. Changing your life style can rid you of the “ghosts” in your body.
- Moral Meditations and Cultivation: Having desires for material happiness can cause sickness, both physically and mentally. Besides the external environmental factors, such as climate, and diet, there are our human emotions which can block the body’s blood and energy flow. Other negative external environmental issues are: high voltage transformers, temperature in the working environment (Example: people who work in the restaurant and meat industry are often moving from a warm working area, such as the stove, to the cold freezer on a regular basis). If we live our lives simply we can avoid a lot of emotional disturbance.
- Zhu You Shu (祝由術）: It’s the name of hypnosis therapies in classic Chinese Medicine. Zhu You Shu was the therapies (術) performed by Zhu You (祝由) that was assigned by Huan Yuan Huang Di (軒轅黃帝) B.C. 17,000,000. It was recorded in Huang Di Nei Jing – a Classic Chinese Medicine book and be used as a Bible for all of the Chinese medicine physicians. It detailed stated diseases’ etiology, diagnosis, prognosis and treatments. It included many nowadays hard to treat sicknesses.
- For a more details introduction to TCM, you can refer to the Introduction to the Traditional Chinese Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory.
- For more detailed educational information, charts, and what TCM can treat, as well as the treatment results from patient’s testimonials; you can browse this website. We hope this website helps you to understand TCM, your body, and your health condition better; as well as discovering how to develop a better quality of life using the recommendations found on this website. As one patient asked me “Frieda, why is it that after having your treatments, I just want to smile like a baby? I lose all my anxiety and worries.” My answer to her was, “Life was meant living in a natural state, and we are entitled living in happiness. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine allows us to live the way we were born to live…NATURALLY “. Besides being physically healthy, we are able to happily enjoy our life…Let’s all go for it!
Web Author: Frieda Mah, L.Ac. at LA, California, USA in March 2011
- Dr. Sheng Ma, Chief Executive Officer of Weifang Yidu Central Hospital, Chief Chinese Medicine physician, China 2011-present
- Zhen Yang, MD (China), NY 2011-2012
© 2011 Frieda Mah, L.Ac.